Sonia has always strived to find balance in life, juggling between a twelve year long demanding career in Information Technology and her desire for holistic wellness.
A self confessed aerobics afficionado and animal lover, a good fitness regime and volunteering at animal shelters were a reprieve from the high stress environment of an IT career.
Diagnosed four years ago, with a rare viral infection that affects the joints, all activities she once enjoyed were restricted by debilitating pain.
It was then that Sonia discovered pilates and benefited tremendously from it.
An organic love for biology passed down from a family of medical professionals and the sheer joy of mindful movement is what prompted her career change.
Now she seeks to share the same joy with others while guiding them towards their fitness and health goals. In addition to the benefits of gaining core strength and correcting postural issues, she truly believes pilates brings positivity and balance to all aspects of life just from learning how to move mindfully.
Areas of Expertise:
- Pilates for beginners
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates & Diastasis Recti Recovery
- Suspension Training
Education and Training:
- Pilates Academy International Instructor : (Anatomy, biomechanics and postural analysis, Mat, Reformer, CCB)
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates by Pilates Academy International
- The Center for Women's Fitness : Pelvic floor health
- Pilates Academy International: Golden Pilates
- Bachelor's of Engineering: Electronics and Telecommunication