Kimberly was diagnosed with scoliosis at a very young age and was recommended to start swimming to mobilise the spine. She went into competitive swimming for many years but eventually stopped due to allergic complications from the sun and chlorine. This led her to venture into other activities like weight training but she unfortunately sustained an annular sprain on her lower back during one session. This was a major disruption to her active lifestyle and she had to refrain from doing any high-impact activities for 3 to 4 months – even sitting down or jumping for more than 10 minutes brought pain.
During this down-time, Kimberly was recommend to do Pilates for rehabilitation for about 4-5 times a week. She found that Pilates helped to improve her lower back strength and she no longer suffered from pain as long as she limited her flexion exercises. Since then, she has been very careful in exercising good posture and form in her day-to-day life.
Inspired by the changes she saw in her own body, Kimberly decided to get her teaching certification in Pilates to spread her knowledge and experience to others. Her vision is to empower people to reap the benefits of Pilates and help them gain better control and mobility in their bodies. Her enthusiasm and love of the method is evident to everyone who comes her way.
Areas of Expertise:
- Pilates for Women
- Pilates for Teens
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates
- Pilates for Fitness
Education and Training:
- - Pilates Academy International Instructor Level 1 (Anatomy, Biomechanics and Postural Analysis, Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair and Barrels)(2017-2019)
- Golden Pilates by Pilates Academy International
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates by Pilates Academy International
- Pre/Post Rehabilitation Pilates by Pilates Academy International (2019)
- TRX Group Suspension Certified (TRX GSTC)
- SMA (Sports Massage Australia) Certified
- CPR- AED Certified
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Second Class Upper Degree