OPTIONS PILATES STUDIO
Options Pilates Services Waiver & Terms of Business
You have signed up to receive services from Options Pilates Private Limited (conducting business and referred to as 'Options Pilates').
Please read and acknowledge the statements below before you begin your program and before you receive any services from Options Pilates.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- You agree that by participating in physical exercise and Pilates classes, you will be performing physical activity and exercise which has an inherent risk of personal injury. Participating in Pilates is undertaken at your own risk.
- You realise that your participation in these activities involves the risk of physical or mental injury (including aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any such injury), and even the possibility of death.
- You must inform instructors if there are any risks to your health by participating in Pilates, such as if you have a pre-existing injury, illness, muscle soreness/discomfort or are pregnant, prior to commencement. Participating in any form of exercise at our Studios with a Medical Condition is done entirely at your own risk.
- If at any time hereafter you have any pre-existing injury, illness, muscle soreness, discomfort, or are pregnant, any medical or physical limitation or condition, that might affect your ability to safely participate in the services provided or meet the physical demands required to participate, you will make such limitations and conditions immediately known to your instructor and a manager or admin person working for Options Pilates.
- Pilates instructors and studio staff are not medically trained and are therefore not qualified to assess whether clients are in good physical condition and/or that clients can engage in exercise without detriment to their health, safety, comfort or physical condition. Clients are advised to seek medical advice prior to commencing any exercise program if they are in any doubt about their ability to engage in exercise.
- In the event of a medical emergency, you authorize Options Pilates to secure from any licensed hospital, physician, and/or medical personnel any treatment deemed necessary for your immediate care and agree that you will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services rendered.
- You acknowledge that our instructors may use tactile cueing and adjustment methods, or make physical contact with you for correction purposes in order to ensure that Pilates practice is undertaken in accordance with Options Pilates’ best practice.
- Any minor under the age of 16 may only participate in training with the signed permission of a parent or legal guardian. If a minor under the age of 16 wishes to participate in a private session without their parent or legal guardian present, the parent or legal guardian must sign an unaccompanied minor waiver and release form prior to the session. It is acknowledged that no fault / negligence can arise against the company when a minor is a client other than what is required in the accepted standard of care for an adult.
- You acknowledge and grant permission to Options Pilates, its agents and representatives to take and use photographs and/or digital images of you for use in news releases, promotional materials, and/or other related endeavors. This authorization is continuous and may only be withdrawn by your specific rescission of this authorization.
- Options Pilates is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of your personal belongings while you are present in the studio. You assume all risk of loss for any of your personal belongings.
- If any portion of this release from liability shall be deemed by a Court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, then the remainder of this release from liability shall remain in full force and effect and the offending provision or provisions severed here from.
- To the extent that statute or case law does not prohibit releases for negligence, this release is also for negligence.
- You acknowledge that you have carefully read this waiver and release͟and fully understand that it is a release of liability. You expressly agree to release and discharge the company, management, admin staff or instructor from any and all claims or causes of action and you agree to voluntarily give up or waive any right that you may otherwise have to bring a legal action against the company, management, admin staff or instructor for personal injury or property damage.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Limitations of Liability
1a. Regarding any loss which you suffer as a result of any acts of omissions by Options Pilates you agree that our liability towards you is limited to the level of applicable insurance policy which we have in place from time to time. Options Pilates pays for insurance policies that are suitable to the business it operates and the risks involved.
1b. Options Pilates cannot accept liability for the loss, theft or accidental damage to your personal belongings at its facilities.
This limitation of liability applies even if Options Pilates has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
2a. All services provided must be paid for in advance. Options Pilates is not liable to provide any services if payment in full is not received in advance.
2b. All services are non-refundable once booked. Any discount on packages will only be applied to the final payment for any such package and will not be applied in the case of any refund.
2c. Packages expire accordingly as indicated in the price list. Extensions will be granted if agreed in writing in advance due to travel or extenuating circumstances.
2d. We reserve the right to change your instructor should this become necessary through the absence of any sort (instructor on leave, instructor is leaving the company, etc). We also recognize your right to change an instructor at any time and for any reason.
2e. All services provided to The American Club’s members will be bound by the terms and conditions that we have agreed upon with The American Club.
- All fees must be paid in full in advance when booking your classes. Your spot in class will only be confirmed upon the receipt of full payment, or if you have a valid pre-paid package with us.
- Payment can be made in Cash, Nets, Cheque (issued to Options Pilates Pte Ltd), bank transfer, PayNow and credit card (Visa/Mastercard).
- Payment installments will vary according to any individual agreement; however we reserve the right to charge you in full for any entire agreed package after the first date of any contractual agreement.
- To book a single session, clients must prepay in advance. Options Pilates will not provide any services without receiving payment in full beforehand.
- For clients who wish to book two or more sessions in advance, a minimum of two single sessions must be purchased at the time of booking. After the first session is used, clients will need to purchase another single session before making any further bookings in advance.
- If a client fails to show up for a session or cancels with less than 24 hours' notice, the session will be forfeited as a "Late Cancellation". No refunds or rescheduling will be provided.
- All purchases of single sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If you receive more Pilates sessions than originally agreed upon, in the absence of a new agreement we reserve the right to charge you at your instructor’s highest hourly rate.
- If you are late in paying your fees we reserve the right to charge you a late fee of 25% per annum interest on the outstanding money and a SG$50 administrative fee for every week that payment is overdue, starting from the due date of the invoice. Unless otherwise agreed, being late means full payment is not received within 7 days of the invoice due date.
- Payment policies for The American Club’s members will be bound by the terms and conditions that we have agreed upon with The American Club.
3a. Trials are available for residents only. (Must present valid resident pass or visa. Not valid for tourists)
3b. Tourists may purchase a single session at our regular rates.
3c. Please present your ID or valid work pass at our outlet for verification.
3d. Anyone under 16 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during the session, who will also need to sign a waiver on their behalf.
3e. Trial policies for The American Club’s members will be bound by the terms and conditions that we have agreed upon with The American Club.
Group Class Policy
4a. We reserve the right to substitute instructors without prior notice. Taking classes with a variety of instructors is encouraged as each instructor brings something unique to their class.
4b. Group classes are organised according to different levels. If you are new to Pilates, it is recommended to start with 5 - 10 private sessions. Clients should only start with beginner group classes and move on to advanced group classes when they are strong enough and have gained enough experience and knowledge through consistent practice. Clients will need time and regular attendance to gain proficiency and mastery of their bodies before moving to the next level of difficulty. This will be at the discretion of the instructor.
4c. You assume all risks associated with participating in a Pilates group class at Options Pilates Studios. You must know how to handle the equipment before joining the class, and acknowledge that you understand the mechanisms and how to use the equipment safely.
4d. You agree that by participating in our Pilates group class, you are responsible for your own safety. You acknowledge that you are performing exercises which carry an inherent risk of personal injury. Participating in Pilates is undertaken at your own risk. Options Pilates cannot accept liability for any injuries that may occur during class, except to the extent that such injuries are caused by our negligence or failure to adhere to our duty of care.
Cancellation / Late Policy
5a. You will be charged at Options Pilates’s discretion for any session which is booked but not attended unless the said session is canceled or re-booked at least 24 hours in advance.
5b. If you are late for your private class, you are only entitled to the remaining portion of the time slot you booked. If you are more than 15 min late for your group class, you will not be allowed to join the class for your own safety and for the sake of the other clients.
6a. All fees paid are non-refundable.
6b. Pre-paid packages have a strict validity period as indicated in the price list commencing from the date of purchase. Any unused classes at the date of expiry will be forfeited.
6c. If more than 3 months lapses with no classes or private sessions taken, we reserve the right to cancel any remaining classes in your Pilates package with no refund given, unless a hold has been placed on your account due to valid medical reasons or travel.
You must notify our admin staff in advance if you are not able to come to the studio for an extended period due to valid medical reasons or travel. As long as it is communicated to us in advance, we are able to put your package on hold and extend the validity.
6d. Refund policies for The American Club’s members will be bound by the terms and conditions of their membership with The American Club.
7a. You agree not to engage any active (at the date of this agreement and during the course of your package) Options Pilates Pte Ltd instructor outside of an Options Pilates Pte Ltd facility for a 6 month period following the expiry of any package that you contractually subscribe to, without the express written permission of Options Pilates Pte Ltd.
Outcome of Services Provided
8a. Options Pilates provides no guarantee of any outcome regarding services provided.
Personal Data and Electronic Media
9a. Options Pilates will never sell or provide your personal details or contact details to any other company with the exception of the holding company as the owner of Options Pilates and associated companies for the purpose of administration.
9b. Your data may be transferred to servers in other countries for the purposes of administration.
9c. Options Pilates will use the data you provide for the purposes of providing you with optimal services.
9d. Options Pilates may contact you for administration purposes, for the provision and communication of services, and with customer satisfaction questions. You may opt out of any of these forms of communication at any stage.
9e. Options Pilates and its associated companies may use anonymous data in aggregate for scientific research purposes.
9f. Your instructors may take photographs and other digital media to record your progress. Options Pilates will not use these for promotional purposes without your express written consent.
9g. There may be videos or photographs taken in the facilities of Options Pilates at any time. If you do not want to be featured incidentally in any of these please let your Personal Trainer know whenever such media are being recorded.
9h. Clients may request permission from the management to take videos of themselves for personal use. However, clients must ensure that no other clients or staff members are visible in their videos. Permission for video recording will be granted at the discretion of the management, and any approved videos must strictly adhere to privacy and confidentiality guidelines.
9i. Clients are strictly prohibited from taking videos or photographs of any ongoing private or group classes without explicit permission from the management. This policy is in place to respect the privacy and comfort of all clients and instructors.
Pilates with a Balance Disc: This can help improve balance and core strength. It can also make mat exercises more challenging.
- All materials provided to you by Options Pilates or your assigned instructor, including but not limited to, training materials, guides, educational resources, and marketing materials, remain the property of Options Pilates. These materials are for your personal use and must not be copied, shared, or redistributed to anyone other than for medical purposes or as required legally, unless otherwise stated in writing by Options Pilates.
Options Pilates Studio Policies & Etiquette Guidelines
- As a courtesy to others, do refrain from wearing perfume or strongly scented body oils which may stain the equipment.
- Our studio has a “socks policy” for hygiene purposes. Clean socks or grip socks are to be worn when working out in the studio.
- For hygiene purposes, please spray down and wipe the equipment thoroughly after each use.
All towels used during the session can be deposited in baskets around the studio for washing.
- Please sign-in before your class begins, so we can help you track your class attendance.
- Please restrict your mobile usage to the reception area. As a courtesy to others, please switch off or silence your mobile devices before entering the studios.
- Please keep your voice down when you are seated in the waiting area or in the studio to avoid distracting other clients.
- We cannot be held liable for any loss of your valuables so please avoid bringing valuables to the studio.
- For their safety and to avoid disturbing other clients, babies and young children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times and should remain in the waiting area. Our staff are not available to baby-sit your children as they have to tend to clients and other studio business.
- Due to current capacity restrictions, we ask you to refrain from bringing family members or friends with you to the studio.
- Food and drink should only be consumed in the waiting area.
- If you are unwell, have a fever or a contagious illness, you should refrain from exercising or coming to the studio. You may be asked to wear a mask as a courtesy to the staff and clients.
Options Pilates is committed to providing you with the best possible service and care. To do so, we seek mutual respect between you and our staff. Our staff deserve a safe working environment. Action will be taken against verbal or physical abuse towards our staff.
Thank you for your understanding, and we hope you have a pleasant experience at Options Pilates.