Instructor Trainer / Pilates Instructor
Angie began her career as a coral restoration researcher before making a switch to the Pilates industry. This mid-career change was motivated by a love for movement, biology and the desire to work with people. Pilates offered these facets rolled into one. Angie has since worked with a wide range of clientele at Options Pilates Studio – from pregnant and post-natal mothers to seniors, homemakers, working professionals as well as teenagers looking for strength training and correction of muscular imbalances.
Her interest lies in working with the elderly and clients with musculoskeletal problems like scoliosis, osteoporosis, knee pains and shoulder/neck issues – assisting them to find freedom from chronic pains and restricted movement through specially-designed exercise programs. Empowering people with a deeper understanding and awareness of their own bodies is key in the way she teaches.
Areas of Expertise:
- Pilates Education
- Pilates for Older Adults
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates & Diastasis Recti Recovery
- Suspension Training
Education and Training:
- The Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) – Teacher Certification ID: 15011
- Pilates Academy International (PAI) Master Instructor Trainer (2015)
- Pilates Academy International Instructor (Level 1 & 2: Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Barrels) (2014)
- Pre/Post Rehabilitation Pilates – Pilates Academy International (PAI) (2014)
- STOTT PILATES® Instructor (Fully Certified); Injuries & Special Populations (2013)
- BASI Pilates® Pilates Anatomy Course (2017)
- Jungle Sports: Physio Educative 1 & 2 Instructor (2017-2018)
- The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery by The Center for Women’s Fitness (2016)
- The Centre for Women’s Fitness: Pre/Post-natal Pilates Specialist™ (2016), Pilates Applications for the Pelvic Floor Program™, Pilates for Menopause Program™, Myofascial Release Techniques for Fitness Professionals™ (2014)
- RockTape Kinesiology and Power Taping Seminar (2016)
- CARDIOLATES® Trainer – Pilates on Fifth (2014)
- Trigger Point Therapy – Myofascial Compression Technique (2013)
- BSc (Hons) in Life Sciences (Biology) (2005)
TRY PILATES TODAY
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is the standard markup language for creating web pages and web applications.