Jean’s love and passion for dance has been evident since her youth days. It spurred her on to train in different dance modalities like Jazz, Hip-Hop, Modern Ballet, Tap and Flamenco. Today, her dance experiences range from being a dance teacher to choreographer and stage performer with various institutions like primary schools, ITEs (Institute of Technical Education), polytechnics, special needs schools, church groups and a dance troupe (Rose Borromeo Spanish Dance Company).
Jean believes that one needs a healthy and strong body to be able to do what he/she loves to do in life. By developing proper technique, our bodies can be trained to move in safer, more efficient patterns of motion. This is invaluable for injury recovery, sports performance, good posture and optimal health. Holding on to this belief, she started practicing Yoga in 2008 and eventually Pilates in 2016. She is now helping many others find their way to health and regain a vibrancy for life.
Jean is also a Certified Financial Planner CFP® and Chartered Financial Consultant ChFC®.
Areas of Expertise:
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates
- Pilates for Older Adults
- Group Reformer Pilates
- Pilates for Teens
- Pilates for Couples
Education and Training:
- Pilates Academy International Instructor (Anatomy, Biomechanics and Postural Analysis; Level 1: Mat and Reformer) (2017/2018)
- Pre/Post Rehabilitation Pilates by Pilates Academy International (2018)
- CPR + AED Certified by Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council (SRFAC) (2020)
- Certified ACE Group Fitness Instructor (2020)
- Jungle Sports: Physio Educative 1 Instructor (2019)
- Dance - SDI Certification acquired from Instituto De La Danza Española (IDE), Perth, Australia: 6 Level of Flamenco Spanish Dance Certification (HONOURS) (2004-2009); Professional Spanish Dance Level: Primer Curso de Estudiante (HONOURS) (2014)
- Diploma in Business Administration (2000)
- Certified Wealth Planner AWP® (2009)
- Certified Financial Planner CFP® (2013)
- Chartered Financial Consultant ChFC® (2014)