King Patrick Marcelo
Patrick is a licensed nurse by profession. Having the experience of working in a hospital and clinic set-up, he is adept at caring for different types of patients from newborns to geriatrics, men to women. His desire to help others grow in wellness, combined with his love for exercise, prompted him to start his fitness career soon after.
He began as a licensed lifeguard in a fitness center back in the Philippines where he was eventually introduced to the world of Pilates by one of the instructors. Initially he was hesitant, believing that Pilates was only for ladies. He has now realized that the benefits of Pilates extend to everyone, even men!
In 2011, Patrick completed his official training in Pilates in Singapore. He went on to teach in Options Studio (Manila) and was often invited to be the guest instructor at Absolute Pilates, Bangkok. Currently with six years of teaching experience, he is still constantly seeking to expand and develop his teaching skills and knowledge.
Areas of Expertise:
- Suspension Training
- Athletic Conditioning
- Pilates for Men
- Post-Rehabilitation (herniated discs, scoliosis, knee injuries)
- Pilates for Teens
- Pilates for Older Adults
Education and Training:
- Pilates Academy International Instructor (Level 1 & 2: Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Barrels) (2015-2017)
- Pre/Post Rehabilitation Pilates by Pilates Academy International (2016)
- STOTT PILATES® Instructor (2012)
- Jungle Sports: Physio Educative 1 & 2 Instructor (2017-2018)
- CARDIOLATES® – Pilates on Fifth (2014)
- Fitness Innovations Manila – Special Conditions Workshop (Lower & Upper Body Injuries, Spine Conditions) (2013)
- Redcord Neurac Trainer (2011)
- BS in Nursing (2006)
TRY PILATES TODAY
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is the standard markup language for creating web pages and web applications.