OPTIONS PILATES STUDIO
Pilates Apprenticeship - Singapore
Are you passionate about Pilates? Do you want to develop a career as an instructor? Do you love transforming people’s lives?
You can combine all of these with a full-time apprentice job, now available at Options Pilates!
Option Pilates is an international chain of studios in Singapore and Hong Kong. We are growing our team in Singapore so apply now if you want to work for the best Pilates studio in Asia.
We provide your complete Pilates education and certification we are a licensed Pilates education centre. This means you will have constant opportunities to keep advancing your career, whether it is expanding your capability as an instructor, becoming a mentor, master trainer or educator, or managing others.
Qualified Pilates Instructors are also welcome to apply for part-time or full-time Pilates Instructor position.
- You must be Singaporean or PR to apply.
- Working as a Pilates instructor requires people skills. The job requires you to have good communication skills in addition to the Pilates training that you will receive from us. You should enjoy working with people, both in 1-on-1 and in team settings.
- As part of your training to become a certified Pilates instructor within 6 months, you must be able to dedicate at least 6 hours every day to practice at the studio. (Candidates with a full-time job are not encouraged to apply, the traineeship cannot be done on part-time basis).
- You must be willing and able to work with Options Pilates exclusively for 3 years after you get certified.
- You must be able to work a minimum of 90 hours with clients per month for a full-time position, spread evenly over the course of each month.
- You must have a good understanding of what Pilates is, having taken at least 10 Pilates classes, and understand what the differences are between group and private classes.
- You must have carefully thought about changing your career and be fully committed to become a Pilates instructor.
During the apprenticeship scheme:
After a 2 month probationary period you will be paid a monthly allowance of SG$800 plus $1000 worth of courses and mentorship fee allowance, with CPF contribution as per Singapore law. You will be expected to spend 35 hours in the studio per week including 1 hour break daily. This time is to be spent studying, practicing and when required, helping out with admin. Some courses will be at the weekend, in which case you will be allowed one replacement day off during the week. At the end of your apprentice period you will be expected to be certified as a Pilates instructor, and also familiar with the day-to-day operations of the studio.
While in the studio you can use the Pilates equipment, participate in group classes and practice as much as you like subject to social distancing rules.
After becoming certified as a Pilates instructor:
FULL-TIME: You will be paid a monthly salary of SG$2,800 plus employer CPF contribution and paid leave. This salary will cover 90 (ninety) hours of work with paying clients or trial sessions per month. If you work in excess of 90 hours of classes with clients per month, you will receive an extra SG$40 for each additional class with clients. You should work at least one weekend day per week, and be available at peak-times on weekdays (either between 7:00am – 11:00am or between 5:30pm – 8:00pm) as well as other times to meet your quota of 90 hours with clients per month. An instructor who works approximately 30 hours per week with clients will earn over $4300 per month during their first year.
Salary progression will be assessed annually or based on experience gained.
For the first few months while you are building up your hours, your salary will be prorated as per part-time basis. Options Pilates does not sponsor the apprenticeship for those who want to work on a part-time basis. However we do hire from our pool of students who graduate from Options Pilates Education, you are encouraged to take up course at your own expense and apply for a part-time position should you wish to work part-time.
While you are building up your hours, you will be paid a monthly salary of SG$1,400, plus employer CPF contribution. This salary will cover 45 (forty-five) hours of work with paying clients or trial sessions per month. If you work in excess of 45 hours of classes with clients per month, you will receive an extra SG$40 for each additional class with clients. You should be available at peak-times on weekdays (either between 7:00am – 11:00am or between 5:30pm – 8:30pm) as well as other times to meet your quota of 45 hours with clients per month.
During your training we will sponsor you for your education, use of studio space for practicing and mentoring by our senior instructors.
You will continue to get this education and career advancement support after you become certified as an instructor.
All further education and mentoring conducted at Options Pilates is provided to in-house instructors free of charge.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about learning, hardworking and those who can dedicate plenty of time to learning Pilates. We will be prioritizing those who can work full-time after the training period over part-timers.
This program is not suitable for those with a full-time job. You must be able to spend at least 35 hours per week at the studio learning and practicing Pilates.
If you have a part/full-time job but wants to become a Pilates instructor, we offer courses for instructor training at our studio.
We regularly hire part time & full time instructors who start out as our students, we welcome you to take the courses and see if this career is suitable for you.
How To Apply
Please send us an email to [email protected] including the following
- A brief introduction of yourself along with a CV (Subject line “Instructor Trainee position”)
- Please include answers to the following questions in the introduction:
- "Have you done Pilates before? Please elaborate, what kind of Pilates have you done, have you done group or private lessons, what is your understanding of it, why do you like it"
- “Do you workout regularly? Please elaborate (what kind of exercises, how frequent, how active you are)”
- "What is your current job, and what made you decide on a career change?"
- “What made you decide to become a Pilates instructor?”
Please be as thorough as possible, this is a chance to let us know why you are a good candidate for the traineeship. (Please keep in mind that there are many candidates who want a free Pilates education, why should we pick you?)
We will send more information about the traineeship via email after we receive your application.