Carey worked as technical crew in the entertainment and events industry prior to becoming a Pilates instructor. She loves the outdoors and has always enjoyed being in physical environment and moving her body. However, the intense physical nature of her work took a toll on the body overtime, causing muscle imbalances and postural issues. Trying to fix these issues she tried many exercise regimes, remedies, and physiotherapies. This is how she found Pilates. The principles of Pilates immediately piqued her interest and helped her combat these problems.
Her appreciation for this ‘Art of Controlled Movement’ led her to wanting to learn more about it, share this knowledge and to assist more people to attain a more balanced and optimally functioning body. Her goal is to help clients reap the benefits of Pilates, not just during the sessions, but also prolonging the positive effects Pilates can have in our daily lives.
Areas of Expertise:
Education and Training:
- Pilates Academy International Instructor (Anatomy, Biomechanics & Postural Analysis, Level 1: Mat, Reformer)
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates by Pilates Academy International
- SSC: Sports First Aider Course (2006)
- SSC: Sports Trainer Course Level 1 (2006)
- SSC: Basic Sports Massage Course (2007
- BSc. (Merit) in Mathematics