Sports and wellness have been a part of Clarissa’s life since she was younger. She has been an active dancer since the age of 9. Her passion spurred her to start her fitness journey, including regular gym sessions, nutrition, before finally pursuing certification.
She realised that one’s health journey is more than the ‘ideal body type’ photo you post on your social media. Talking to friends she met, she realised that many others go through the same mindset.
Clarissa discovered the beauty of Pilates - body awareness, core and flexibility, and started recognising the wonders of the human body. With proper awareness of how one’s body moves and reacts, one is able to train their bodies more efficiently.
Since starting Pilates, Clarissa has learned to appreciate her own body and is continuing to deepen her knowledge in the field. Her wish is to help others to embrace and empower their unique body types for the way it is and promote body positivity.
Areas of Expertise:
Education and Training:
- Pilates Academy International Instructor (Anatomy, Biomechanics & Postural Analysis, Level 1: Mat, Reformer)
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates by Pilates Academy International
- American Council on Exercise Certified Personal Trainer (ACE) (2020)
- CPR + AED Certified by Singapore Heart Foundation(2020)
- Diploma in Biotechnology (2018)