Katrina Mercado Santos
Senior Pilates Instructor
Before becoming a Pilates instructor, Katrina was a professional ballet dancer and is one of the most respected artists in the Philippine dance field. Her performances as a dance artist have taught her utmost professionalism, technical skill, maturity, and sensitivity.
Katrina became a Fully Certified Stott Pilates instructor in 2011 and started her career as a Pilates instructor with B+B Studio Manila. In 2016, she worked as a Certified PAI (Pilates Academy International) instructor with Options Pilates Studio in Singapore teaching private and group classes as well as Pre and Post Natal Pilates classes for a period of 2 years.
In 2018, Katrina rejoined B+B Pilates Studio in Manila as a Senior Instructor & Partner. With her passion of continued learning and fascination in the body’s capacity to heal through movement, she attended ‘Myofascial Slings Training’ offered by Art of Motion Education for Movement Professionals & Therapist. She has incorporated this learning to her Pilates classes which yielded positive results for her clients.
As a Pilates instructor, Katrina is known to be a meticulous and caring instructor who not only helps her clients improve physically, but also help them feel good about themselves and become their own unique ideal selves.
Areas of Expertise:
- Fascia-focused Pilates
- Pre and Post-Natal Pilates
- Golden Pilates
- Pilates Fitness for women
- Flexibility-based Pilates training
Education and Training:
- STOTT PILATES® Mat and Reformer (2011); Cadillac, Chairs and Barrels Level I (2013); Optimization of the Lumbo-Pelvic Region (2013); Advanced Mat (2013); Intensive Reformer (2014); Injuries and Special Population (2015); Advanced Reformer (2019); Cardio Tramp (2019); Athletic Conditioning on the Reformer (2019); Reformer and Platform Extender Workshop (2019)
- Pilates Academy International: All Populations Mat and Reformer (2016), All Populations Cadillac, Chairs and Barrels (2018); Golden Pilates; Pre/post-natal (2018)
- Art of Motion Academy Online Course: Certificate in Slings Essentials- Fascial Qualities in Motion (2021)
- Accomplished the Anatomy Trains in Motion- Myofascial Meridians for Movement Therapists by Karin Gurtner endorsed by Tom Myer (2019)
- Merrithew Health and Fitness: Total Barre Instructor Foundations Course, Level 1 (2013)
- Merrithew Health and Fitness: Zenga Instructor Foundation Course Mat, Level 1 (2013)
- Bachelor of Music, Major in Dance (University of the Philippines)