Melissa’s previous career in corporate management was highly demanding and took a toll on body and mind. This eventually led to a conviction that health and body awareness should be foremost priorities in life. She became active in sports such as swimming, taekwondo, running, badminton and Ultimate Frisbee, and even had a regular gym routine. These strenuous sports weakened and strained her knees and eventually, she required rehabilitation.
In her search to find another avenue to work out safely, Melissa found Pilates – an intelligent exercise that enhanced her overall performance in sports. It helped her to strengthen her core and gave her a stronger sense of awareness to perform and move optimally. Having obtained her Pilates training and certification at Options Pilates Singapore, Melissa now wants to share her joy in helping fellow athletes, sports lovers and anyone who simply wants to strengthen their body for overall fitness.
Areas of Expertise:
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates
- Pilates for Older Adults
- Myofascial Release
- Post-Rehabilitation (foot, knee and shoulder)
- Pilates for Athletic Conditioning (golf, racket sports, running, swimming)
Education and Training:
- Pilates Academy International Instructor Level 1 (Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Barrels) (2014-2017); Level 2: Mat (2016)
- Pre/Post Rehabilitation Pilates by Pilates Academy International (2016)
- Jungle Sports: Physio Educative 1 Instructor (2018)
- Major in Communication Arts and Major in Advertising Management (2002)