Zel was a dedicated preschool Chinese teacher. Due to the physical challenges of the occupation, she suffered from a shoulder impingement and lower back pain for many years.
After being recommended by a physiotherapist to try belly dancing to improve her spinal health, she fell in love with the dance. Unfortunately, her condition worsened and she felt depressed, contemplating if she should give it up.
The turning point came when she met a chiropractor who introduced her to Pilates. Within a few months, her condition improved significantly. She gradually built up her core strength and spinal mobility, and was eventually able to enjoy belly dancing again. That became her strong motivation to switch to Pilates as a new career, and she started taking up professional instructor courses to expand and deepen her knowledge. Now, she strives to help people around her to stay healthy and live a pain-free life through Pilates.
Quoting Joseph Pilates: “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness”.
Areas of Expertise:
- Fascia Trainer for Lower Back (Franklin Method)
- Pilates for Seniors
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates
- Mandarin/ English Pilates
Education and Training:
- Pilates Academy International Instructor (Anatomy, Biomechanics and Postural Analysis, Level 1: Mat, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Barrels)(2018-2019)
- Pre/Post Rehabilitation Pilates by Pilates Academy International
- ISSA Basic Sports Massage (2020)
- Yin Pilates Anatomy and Kinesiology (2019)
- Yin Pilates Level 1 (2019)
- Approved Pilates Instructor by People’s Association Singapore (2018)
- Standard First Aid and AED Provider by Red Cross (2018)
- Diploma in Early Childhood in Modern Montessori (2005)
- Bachelor in Business Administration – Taiwan National Central University (1992)